Sunday 23 June 2013

Re-Steep My Tea?


I often re-steep my loose leaf tea in order to get more tea from every teaspoon of leaves!   The ability to re-steep your tea leaves is one of the many benefits of purchasing high quality loose leaf tea.  Some things to keep in mind when you're re-steeping your leaves are:

* Re-steep your tea the second time at the same temperature and for the same amount of time as the first time around.
*The best leaves to re-steep are black, green, white and oolong.  Some of the herbal teas are delicate which makes them difficult to re-steep, but I do it anyways.  I like to keep a jug of iced fruit tea in my fridge at all times and I always re-steep my fruit teas 3 or 4 times when making it (adding a few fresh teaspoons each time).
*If you haven't re-steeped your leaves in 5-6 hours its best to throw them out, i like to keep a pot of tea with me all day so re-steeping during that time frame is not an issue.
*Some people think certain teas, such as the green tea Gyokuro, taste better the second time around!

Give re-steeping a try and play around with what works best for you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I've been doing this for a while now and people have been looking at me like I was crazy. Glad to see that I am not the only re-steeper out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to start keeping cold herbal tea in the fridge! Awesome for summer! Are the floral containers on the counter from Luxberry???

    ReplyDelete